Many Inventors trying to give their product ideas showcase are totally crushed by rejection. So, I thought I gives a list of some for the reasons you can get gotten discarded. It does not cover every reason you could get rejected, but hopefully it will give you something to.
You really have to realize that inventing is fundamentally a numbers game! Yes, you still need to undertake a good idea but you will discover that no matter how to patent an idea or product good an idea you could imagine it is that you may still get rejected. Many marketable ideas are rejected all the time. Even if it doesn’t make sense to you that they would reject an idea that they agree is usually profitable. Listed below are some common reasons why even marketable ideas are rejected.
1. A lot more claims may have also a full line of providers not desperate to add somewhat more.
2. The product is outside their target market.
3. You sent your submission towards the wrong an associate the company – don’t assume they’ll automatically send it right one.
4. You sent the idea unsolicited without contacting the company first to find their submission policy, and they usually rejected it solely on that source.
5. You did not have proper contact information on your division. (That is one of the actual mistakes Inventors make. The company will not bother to be able to you up.)
6. Include too many similar providers that marketplace is flooded proper.
7. Your idea attracts a very small niche market and would like mass market items.
8. The price to manufacture versus the return on investment is too high.
9. Revenue sheet in order to WOW them and lacked consumer benefits information or was overloaded with too much information to sort indicates of.
10. Goods has happened to be patented by someone else and want to determine if they goes around it or risk infringement factors.
11. Your products or idea isn’t much better than what has already been on the market. This tells them you didn’t research your idea okay and won’t have a clue who other sellers is in the industry.
12. You sent a service or product that is just like their current product and that current strategy is a marginal seller. So yours won’t fare much better.
13. Your idea is outdated or maybe on the downswing in order to what isn’t too far off out one year afterwards.
14. They have a better solution than yours involving works for release that coming year. (This is also where Inventors may scream the company stole their idea if the company has already invested in molds, engineering, samples, etc prior to your Inventor contacting the company about their idea. Takes place a lot. Inventors forget that they aren’t ones inventing.)
15. They have already received a similar idea from another Inventor and are working negotiations with that Inventor.
16. A person posted your idea unprotected online in a single of those invention posting sites where others vote on goods to verify that there is interest. Your public disclosure makes the concerned whether any patent protection properly allowed and turns it down in accordance to that give.
17. You posted your unprotected idea and video of the working prototype online and possess a significant quantity of hits. This again raises the concern whether any patent would be possible due to your public disclosure.
18. You stated which you’ve got an issued patent, but when they participate in a quick explore your patent they see that it has lapsed resulting from non-payment of fees and it has been lapsed significantly over the due the present day. Making the chances of it being reinstated unlikely.
19. There’s a InventHelp Patent Services, nevertheless was poorly written and also cover a lot more product. (This happens a lot)
20. There is design patent and designing around your patent is a simple task, as a result they can get very little protection that can be found.
21. Sometimes the company you have approached just doesn’t from outside ideas and does not publicize everyone. So you get a rejection letter, but it doesn’t explain they just don’t look outside the company.
22. You sent them your product but they have already decided their very own line for that year together with following year and aren’t open to taking on anything else at period.
23. Really don’t consider items with a sales history they can review nicely item has never been in production or sold stores or online. In order that they do not want to go ahead and take risk for being the first company advertising it.
As I stated above these are a few within the reasons you can have your idea/product rejected by a company. Really take the time to yourself and understand your market, your commit that market and plenty of research part different yourself as marketable as possible.